Banana pudding shots are a boozy version of banana pudding. Made with vanilla wafers, bananas, and banana pudding kicked up with white rum, these dessert shots are perfect for parties, portable, and so much fun to eat! This banana pudding shot recipe is not one to miss.
Ingredients for Banana Pudding Shots
- Vanilla wafers – Whole vanilla wafers and vanilla wafer crumbs are used in the recipe.
- Instant banana cream pudding mix – A 3.4 ounce box. Be sure it is instant pudding mix!
- Milk – I recommend using 2% or whole milk to make the pudding extra creamy.
- White rum – Clear white rum. You can also use spiced rum, banana rum, coconut rum, or Rumchata.
- Heavy cream – Cold heavy whipping cream.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla extract highlights the banana flavor.
- Banana – Ripe is best!
How to Make Banana Pudding Shots
- Place one vanilla wafer in the bottom of 28 2-ounce plastic cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the instant banana pudding mix, milk, and white rum. Chill the pudding for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate medium bowl, use an electric mixer to whip the heavy cream and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Fold the whipped cream into the thickened banana pudding.
- Fill a piping bag with the banana pudding mixture. Pipe the banana pudding into the cups about halfway full.
- Slice a ripe banana. Add a banana slice to the top of the banana pudding and sprinkle with vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Pipe the remaining banana pudding on top and sprinkle with additional crumbs.
- Seal the cups with a lid and chill. Chill the cups for at least 6 hours before serving and store for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Banana Pudding Dessert Shots Recipe Tips
- The plastic cups with lids can be found on Amazon or at your local party supply store. You can also use cupcake liners or make it in an 8-inch pan.
- This recipe makes approximately 28 2-ounce cups. This is an estimation. You may have a few more or a few less depending on how much pudding you pipe into the cup.
- Use a food processor to make vanilla wafer crumbs. You want the crumbs to be very fine.
- If you would like to skip the rum, simply replace the rum with additional milk when making the banana pudding. Check out my recipe for banana cream pie dessert cups for a non-boozy banana dessert cup.
- Store the pudding shots in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days. A great way to serve these shots at a party is straight out of a cooler! When serving, do not leave the shots out for more than 30 minutes or so.
Banana Pudding Shots
- 2 ounce plastic cups with lids
- Electric hand mixer
- 28 vanilla wafers whole
- 1 package instant banana pudding mix 3.4 ounces
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cup white rum
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 ripe bananas sliced
- ½ cup vanilla wafers crumbs
- Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of 28 2-ounce plastic cups.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together instant banana pudding mix, milk, and white rum. Chill the pudding mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer on medium-high speed, in a separate mixing bowl, whip heavy cream and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Fold banana pudding into the whipped cream until combined and smooth. Fill a piping bag with the banana pudding mixture.
- Pipe the banana pudding into the cups on top of the vanilla wafers about halfway full.
- Slice the ripe banana. Add on a banana slice and sprinkle with vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Pipe the remaining banana pudding on top and sprinkle with the remaining vanilla wafer crumbs.
- Place the top on the 2-ounce cups and chill the pudding shots for at least 2 hours before serving.