Coconut caramel chocolate blondies are packed with flavor and texture. These chewy vanilla blondies with chocolate chips, caramel, and toasted coconut are addictive!
Ingredients for Coconut Caramel Chocolate Blondies
- Unsalted butter: MeltedBrown sugar: Light brown sugar adds sweetness, moisture, and chew to the blondies.
- Eggs: Use room temperature eggs.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract provides a perfect vanilla flavor.
- All-purpose flour: All-purpose flour works perfectly.
- Cornstarch: A bit of cornstarch adds to the chewiness of the blondies.
- Baking soda: A leavening agent that helps the blondies rise and brown.
- Baking powder: Another leavening agent that helps the blondies rise.
- Salt: A bit of salt to enhance the flavor of the blondies.
- Toasted coconut: Use sweetened shredded coconut. Toast it in the oven. See my tips below on how to do this.
- Chocolate chips: Milk, semisweet, or dark chocolate are all great options.
- Caramel bits: Caramel bits are small caramel spheres. You can also cut caramel cubes in small pieces.
Tools & Supplies for Making Coconut Caramel Chocolate Blondies
How to Make Coconut Caramel Chocolate Blondies
To make the blondie batter, I recommend using an electric hand mixer.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 baking pan or 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix.
- Add in the dry ingredients, including flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix on low speed until just combined. Do not overmix. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Using a spatula, fold in toasted coconut, caramel bits, and chocolate chips.
- Pour blondie batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake the blondies for approximately 40 minutes (8×8 pan) or 30 minutes (9×13 pan) until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack in the pan. Pull up on the parchment paper to remove the blondies from the pan.
- Cut the blondies using a straight-edge knife, cleaning the knife in between cuts.
Coconut Caramel Chocolate Blondies Recipe Tips
Prepare the baking pans for easy release
Prepare your baking pan with both cooking spray and parchment paper. Cut the parchment paper so it covers the bottom of the pan and goes up two opposite sides. This way, you can simply lift the blondies out of the pan when they are done cooling. I like using two pieces in a cross shape.
To toast coconut, spread the shredded sweetened coconut on a baking pan in one thin layer. Bake at 350 degrees F, stirring every few minutes to ensure the coconut does not burn. Toasting the coconut typically takes about 10 minutes.
Storing the blondies
Store the blondies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Coconut Caramel Chocolate Blondies
- 8×8 baking pan
- Stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut toasted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray an8x8 baking pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper for easy release.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together in melted butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and continue to mix until well combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until the wet ingredients and dry ingredients are combined. Do not overmix the batter.
- Add your desired mix ins into the batter. Gently fold in the coconut, chocolate chips, and caramel bits until they are dispersed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking pan and spread to create an even layer.
- Bake the blondies approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. The blondies will be a light golden brown color.
- Cool to room temperature in the pan. Remove the blondies from the pan and cut into squares.
Made This Recipe?
Be sure to follow on Pinterest @Cakemehometonight and on Instagram @cake_me_home_tonight
Comments & Reviews
Adrienne Egenes says
Your instructions before the recipe say to use an 8×8 pan, but in the section with the recipe it says to use a 9×13…which one is it?
Hello! Apologies for the confusion. You can make the recipe in either size! The 8×8 will have a slightly longer baking time as the blondies are thicker! I have updated the recipe to reflect that!