My name is Courtney, the creator of Cake Me Home Tonight! I would like to personally welcome you to my blog! I am married to my best friend and biggest supporter, Chris, who is also my main taste tester! I’m a mother of two beautiful girls: Carmen who is sweet and adventurous and Charlie who is silly and has endless energy. By day, I work as a licensed mental health counselor in Buffalo, New York. (Go Bills!)
I am a self-taught home baker who loves to create new and unique recipes. Baking has always been my stress reliever, well, baking while simultaneously listening to 80s music. Best part is, eating what I bake is equally as therapeutic!
For over 10 years, I had my own small baking side business where I crafted custom cakes, cupcakes, and cookies and developed my recipes! I am excited to share all of my recipes with you!
Many people feel intimidated by baking, but I promise, it is not as difficult as you might think! My goal is to make baking easy, accessible, and fun!
Fun Facts About Me
- I am a HUGE Buffalo Bills fan and a proud member of Bills Mafia!
- I originally went to college for animal behavior because I wanted to work with marine mammals.
- Coffee is my everything. I could not live without it. Surprisingly, I do not like sweetened coffee!
- I have a Bon Jovi tattoo. Don’t make permanent choices when you are 20 years old.
- My husband and I married in 2015 and had an 80’s cover band play who dress up like nerds!
- Besides baking, I absolutely love cooking. I am probably in my kitchen most of my life.
- I currently work as a licensed mental health counselor doing psychological evaluations.
- I love camping and boating with my family. Dessert cups are great for outdoor activities!
How Cake Me Home Tonight Started
I started the Cake Me Home Tonight blog in August 2020. I loved developing my own recipes but knew that I didn’t want to open a bakery, so I decided to give blogging a try. The problem was, I knew nothing about blogging, web design, food photography, or social media marketing. So I did what every good elder millennial does – go to YouTube!
Through hours and hours of research, I learned how to build a blog from scratch, built skills in food photography (still working on that), and started focusing on developing my social media. Things all changed when I joined TikTok in July 2021 and posted my first viral video! Since then, it has been an amazing and exciting adventure growing Cake Me Home Tonight!
Cake Me Home Tonight Mission
The main goal of Cake Me Home Tonight is to help home bakers elevate their baking game! Many people feel overwhelmed and intimidated by baking, but I promise that you can make it fun and easy!
Goals of Cake Me Home Tonight
- Provide easy and delicious dessert recipes that are easy to follow.
- Share simple baking tips to help improve your baking skills.
- Share baking tutorials to teach readers how to bake like a pro.
- Create seasonal content for entertaining.
- Make baking less intimidating and more fun!