Calling all pistachio lovers! This is the dessert cup you have been waiting for. These pistachio dessert cups come together in no time with no oven required. They are made with a graham cracker crust filled with a pistachio mousse and topped with whipped cream and chopped pistachios. The perfect, easy summer treat!
Pistachio Dessert Cups
Now, let’s talk pistachio. Pistachio doesn’t get enough love and is one of my favorite flavors. (I’m obsessed with pistachio ice cream). For these dessert cups, we start off with a crust made of graham crackers, but feel free to switch up the cookie crust based on your taste. A pistachio pudding layer fills the crust and is topped with whipped cream and chopped pistachios. For this recipe, we are using instant pistachio pudding mix to make things quick and easy.
If you are a pistachio lover, give this recipe a try! And don’t forget to check out my No Bake Pistachio Cheesecake recipe!
Ingredients for Pistachio Dessert Cups
- Graham cracker crumbs – You could also use vanilla wafers, Golden Oreos or shortbread cookies.
- Unsalted butter – Melted. You can use salted if you prefer.
- Instant pistachio pudding mix – 3.4 ounce package. Be sure it is instant pudding mix.
- Milk – Use what you have! I typically go with 2% milk for this recipe.
- Heavy cream – Use heavy cream or heavy whipping cream to make the pistachio filling and whipped cream.
- Powdered sugar – Confectioners’ sugar or icing sugar.
- Vanilla extract – Pure vanilla extract to flavor the whipped cream.
- Pistachio nuts – Salted, chopped pistachios for some crunch.
How to Make Pistachio Dessert Cups
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Portion the crumbs into 28 2-ounce plastic cups. Use one of the plastic cups to press the crumbs into the bottom of the cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the instant pistachio pudding mix and milk. Chill in the refrigerator for five minutes.
- Add heavy cream to the pistachio pudding mixture and whip with an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed until it has a thick and fluffy consistency.
- Pipe the pudding mixture into the graham cracker crust about 3/4 full.
- To make the whipped cream, use the electric hand mixer to whip heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until still peaks form. Pipe a little whipped cream on top of each dessert cup and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Seal the cups with a lid and chill. The cups can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Pistachio Dessert Cups Recipe Tips
The plastic cups with lids can be found on Amazon or at your local party supply store. The cups I used are 2-ounces, but feel free to make them any size you would like! The recipe makes approximately 28 2-ounce cups.
Making graham cracker crumbs
Use a food processor to make the graham cracker crumbs. You could also use vanilla wafer or Golden Oreos. Make the crumbs very fine for the best results.
Storing and serving
These dessert cups can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days. Serve chilled. I love serving these cups out of a cooler at picnics and parties. I do not recommend keeping the cups at room temperature for more than one hour.
Pistachio Dessert Cups
- 28 2 ounce plastic cups with lids
- Electric hand mixer
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup unsalted or salted butter melted
Pistachio Mousse Filling
- 3.4 oz instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Portion the crumbs into 28 2-ounce plastic cups using a small cookie scoop. Use a plastic cup to press the crumbs into the bottom of the cup to form a crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the instant pistachio pudding mix and milk. Chill in the refrigerator for five minutes. Add heavy cream to the pistachio pudding mixture and whip with an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed until it has a thick and fluffy consistency. Fill a piping bag with the pistachio mousse and pipe into the cups about ¾ full.
- To make the whipped cream, use the electric hand mixer to whip heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until still peaks form. Fill a piping bag fitted with a Wilton 4B piping tip and pipe a dollop of whipped cream on top of each dessert cup. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Seal the cups with a lid and chill overnight. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.