These s’mores bars are the perfect treat when you are craving s’mores but do not have a campfire. The bars are made with graham cracker cookie dough, marshmallow fluff and milk chocolate for the classic s’mores flavor. This dessert is fun to make for camping, bake sales and summer picnics.
The flavor of s’mores always reminds me of summer and fun times with great friends. The classic s’mores combination of graham crackers, milk chocolate and toasted marshmallows will transport you back to your childhood.
These s’mores bars are incredibly easy to make and do not require a campfire. The bars are made with chewy graham cracker cookie dough and smothered in marshmallow fluff and milk chocolate.
I highly recommend making these bars for bake sales, camping, picnics, and parties. From start to finish, the bars come together in less than an hour! If you need a quick and delicious dessert, this is a must-try recipe!
Ingredients for S’mores Bars
- Unsalted butter: Room temperature, softened butter.
- Light brown sugar
- Eggs: Large eggs, room temperature.
- Vanilla extract: Use pure vanilla extract for the best vanilla flavor.
- All-purpose flour
- Graham cracker crumbs: Finely crushed graham crackers.
- Baking soda: Leavening agent to help the bars rise.
- Marshmallow fluff: Use marshmallow fluff (marshmallow creme) to add the marshmallow element to these bars.
- Milk chocolate chips: You can use your favorite type of chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
How to Make S’mores Bars
Here is the basic breakdown of the steps involved in this recipe!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together unsalted butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the graham cracker cookie dough into the prepared baking dish into an even layer. Spread the marshmallow fluff over the cookie dough and sprinkle with the milk chocolate chips. Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the chocolate chips.
- Bake the s’mores bars for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown on the top. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan to room temperature. Cut the bars into squares and enjoy!
S’mores Bars Recipe Tips
Prepare the baking pan for easy bar removal
My favorite way to prepare baking pans is to use nonstick cooking spray and parchment paper sheets. Line the bottom and sides with parchment paper. Be sure that the parchment extends up the sides of the pan for easy removal.
Graham cracker crumbs
To make the graham cracker crumbs, I recommend using a food processor. You will want the crumbs to be very fine.
Storing and serving
The bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about 2 to 3 days. Serve the bars at room temperature or briefly heat in the microwave the make the marshmallow gooey and the chocolate chips melty.
- Electric hand mixer
- 9×13 baking pan
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups marshmallow fluff (marshmallow creme)
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together room temperature unsalted butter and light brown sugar for a few minutes until light and fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low speed until a soft dough forms.
- Spread ⅔ of the graham cracker cookie dough into an even layer in the prepared baking pan. Spread the marshmallow fluff over the cookie dough and sprinkle with the milk chocolate chips. Crumble the remaining ⅓ of the cookie dough over the chocolate chip layer. The marshmallow fluff and chocolate chips will show through.
- Bake the s'mores bars for approximately 30 minutes until the bars are golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the bars to cool in the pan to room temperature. Remove the bars from the pan and cut into squares.