These salted caramel dessert cups are the perfect balance of salty and sweet. The dessert cups are made with a chocolate cookie crust, salted caramel cheesecake filling, a salted caramel drizzle, and a bit of flaky sea salt.
Ingredients for Salted Caramel Dessert Cups
- Chocolate sandwich cookies – Use Oreo cookies finely ground into crumbs. No need to remove the filling!
- Unsalted butter – Melted.
- Cream cheese – Room temperature.
- Salted caramel sauce – Use your favorite salted caramel sauce or check out my recipe for homemade salted caramel sauce!
- Heavy cream – Helps the mixture whip up to be light and fluffy
- Flakey sea salt – Optional but highly recommended.
How to Make Salted Caramel Dessert Cups
- Mix together chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Portion the crumbs into 28 2-ounce plastic cups. Use a plastic cup to press the crumbs into the bottom of the cup to form the crust.
- Cream together cream cheese and salted caramel sauce until combined and smooth.
- Add in heavy whipping cream and whip on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Fill a piping bag with the salted caramel cheesecake mixture. Pipe the mixture into the cups until about 3/4 full.
- Drizzle with additional salted caramel sauce and sprinkle with a bit of flaky sea salt.
- Seal the cups with a lid and chill. Store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Salted Caramel Dessert Cups Recipe Tips
The plastic cups with lids can be found on Amazon or at your local party supply store. This recipe makes approximately 28 2-ounce cups. This is an estimation. You may have a few more or a few less depending on how much filling you pipe into the cups!
Chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
Use a food processor to make the cookie crumbs. No need to remove the cream filling!
Salted caramel sauce
For this recipe, you can use premade salted caramel sauce or you can make homemade salted caramel sauce. Check out my amazing homemade salted caramel sauce recipe! For this dessert cup recipe, I used one batch of my salted caramel sauce.
Storing and serving
These dessert cups can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days. I love serving these dessert cups right out of a cooler at parties or picnics! The dessert cups can stand out at room temperature for about an hour.
Salted Caramel Dessert Cups
- Electric hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment
- 28 2 ounce cups with lids
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 2 ¼ cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
Salted Caramel Cheesecake Filling
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup salted caramel sauce for drizzling onto the dessert cups
- flaky sea salt
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs and melted butter. Mix to combine. Portion the crumbs into 28 2-ounce plastic cups using a small cookie scoop. Use the bottom of a plastic cup to press the crumbs into the bottom of the cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and salted caramel sauce until smooth. Pour in heavy whipping cream and whip on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Fill a piping bag with the salted caramel cheesecake mixture. Pipe into the cups about ¾ full.
- Drizzle on additional salted caramel sauce and add a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Seal the cups with a lid and chill in the refrigerator. Store the dessert cups for 2 to 3 days.