Flourless peanut butter cookies are an easy grain-free peanut butter cookie recipe that has only six ingredients. The cookies are chewy and slightly crisp and have amazing peanut butter flavor.
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Cookies
- Peanut butter: Use good old fashioned creamy peanut butter for this recipe. I haven’t tested the recipe with natural peanut butter, so if you do try it, let me know how it comes out!
- Granulated sugar: What is a cookie without sweetness? An impossibility.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar is added to up the chew factor. If you don’t have brown sugar, you can substitute all granulated sugar.
- Salt: Salt brings out the flavor in the cookies. Sometimes, I sprinkle a little additional flaky salt over the cookies when they are done baking!
- Vanilla extract: Add vanilla extract for some extra flavor! Omit if you do not have it.
- Egg: It is best if the egg is at room temperature so that it mixes in well with the other ingredients. If you didn’t take out your egg, put it in a bowl of warm water for a few minutes to bring it to room temperature.
How to Make Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Portion the dough into balls and place on a baking tray.
- Mark the cookies with the infamous peanut butter cookie “hashtag” mark using a fork. Dip the fork in additional sugar to prevent sticking.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe Tips
Bake perfect cookies
For tips on how to bake perfect cookies, check out my Baking Tips blog post for 10 Tips for Baking Perfect Cookies! Just ignore #5 – we do not have to chill this dough!
Silicone baking mat
I recommend using a silicone baking mat for the best results. It prevents the cookies from sticking to the pan and it makes for easy clean up. If you don’t have silicone baking mats, parchment paper is a great substitute.
Use a cookie scoop
For uniform size cookies, I high recommend using a cookie scoop. For this recipe, I used a medium cookie scoop to make 16 cookies.
Peanut butter cookies have the traditional “hashtag” marks on the top that are created with a fork. Because the dough is sticky, the fork will stick to the cookies. To prevent this from happening, dip your fork into some granulated sugar to prevent sticking and add a little extra sugar, because, why not?
Cool the cookies on the pan for a few minutes
When making cookies, I typically warn against cooling the cookies for extended periods of time on the pan. Because these cookies do not have flour, allowing them to cool on the pan helps them set up and finishes the baking process.
Storing the cookies
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 days.
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet pan with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Mix together until combined. The dough will be sticky.
- Portion out the dough into 16 balls using a cookie scoop. Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet pans.
- Create a hashtag design on the top of the cookies using a fork. If the fork sticks to the cookie, dip it in granulated sugar to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the oven. Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking tray for about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies to a baking rack to cool to room temperature.