Halloween Oreo brownies are a delicious way to celebrate Halloween! These fudgy chocolate brownies are studded with Halloween Oreo cookies, drizzled with chocolate ganache, and decorated with festive Halloween sprinkles. This Halloween Oreo brownies recipe made from scratch is so much better than boxed brownie mix!
Ingredients for Halloween Oreo Brownies
- Unsalted butter – Butter is melted and combined with chocolate to make fudgy brownies.
- Dark or semisweet chocolate chips – You can use chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
- Granulated sugar – For sweetness.
- Brown sugar – Light brown sugar adds more sweetness and amps up the fudginess.
- Eggs – Large eggs, room temperature.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla extract makes the chocolate taste more chocolatey!
- All-purpose flour – Just one cup is needed to make the perfect fudgy brownies.
- Dark cocoa powder – Dark cocoa powder adds even more chocolate flavor! I highly recommend using dark cocoa over regular cocoa powder for the best chocolate flavor and dark chocolate color.
- Halloween Oreo cookies – Halloween Oreo cookies are filled with bright orange cream filling! They add a great pop of color in the brownies. If you can’t find Halloween Oreo cookies, certainly use regular Oreos or your favorite chocolate sandwich cookie. Add roughly chopped cookies to the batter and press a few broken Oreos into the batter before baking.
- Chocolate ganache – Semisweet chocolate chips + heavy cream = chocolate ganache for drizzling over the brownies.
- Halloween sprinkles – Adds extra Halloween flair!
Tools & Supplies to Make Halloween Oreo Brownies
How to Make Halloween Oreo Brownies
To make the brownies, you will need an electric hand mixer.
The basic breakdown of this recipe looks like this:
- Preheat oven and prepare 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter together in the microwave.
- Whip together granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix to combine.
- Add all-purpose flour, salt, and dark cocoa powder. Mix to combine.
- Fold in chopped Halloween Oreo cookies.
- Pour brownie batter into baking pan and spread. Press additional broken Halloween Oreos into the top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Cool the brownies in the pan to room temperature.
To make a quick and easy chocolate ganache drizzle, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals mixing well in between each interval until melted and smooth. Drizzle the ganache over the brownies and sprinkle with a Halloween sprinkle blend for color!
Halloween Oreo Brownies Recipe Tips
Bake perfect brownies
Check out my blog post on 10 Tips for Baking Perfect Brownies to learn simple tips and tricks to make these brownies the best brownies ever!
Preparing the baking pan
To bake brownies that easily come out of the pan, prepare the pan with nonstick cooking spray and parchment paper. First, spray a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Next, place sheets of parchment paper into the pan so they line the bottom and go up the sides. I use two pieces of parchment paper, one lining the width and one lining the length of the pan. The parchment should be taller than the pan so you can simply pull up on the parchment to remove the brownies from the pan.
Whip the eggs and sugar
If you notice, there are no leavening agents (baking soda or baking powder) in this recipe! The absence of leavening agents helps to create the fudgy texture of the brownies. To create a bit of rise in the brownie batter and to get that classic shiny and crinkly top, be sure to whip the eggs and sugar for about 4 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Halloween Oreo cookies
Halloween Oreo cookies give these brownies a pop of color, more chocolate flavor, and a bit of crunch. You will want to do a rough chop on the cookies that are being folded into the brownie batter so there are chunks of cookie in each bite! After you have poured the brownie batter into the baking pan, spread the batter using an offset spatula and then press additional broken Oreo cookie pieces into the top of the batter for more color on the top of the brownies!
Perfectly baked brownies
For perfectly baked fudgy brownies, it is important to check the center of the brownies. Start checking the brownies about 25 minutes into baking. Insert a toothpick in the center of the brownies. The toothpick should come out with moist crumbs but not be wet with brownie batter. For the best brownies, you aren’t looking for a clean toothpick.
Storing and serving
The brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. You can chill them in the refrigerator in an airtight container if you prefer but be sure to bring them to room temperature to serve. You can cut the brownies before or after storing.
Click here to see a quick video on how to make Halloween Oreo brownies! Follow Cake Me Home Tonight on TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube for more recipe videos and baking tutorials!
Halloween Oreo Brownies
- Electric hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment
Halloween Oreo Brownies
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups Halloween Oreo cookies roughly chopped
- Halloween Oreo cookies optional – broken and pressed into the brownie batter before baking
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Halloween sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and parchment paper. The parchment paper should go up the sides of the pan, so the brownies are easily lifted out of the pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine unsalted butter and semisweet chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second intervals, mixing in between, until the chocolate and butter are melted and fully combined.
- In a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Using an electric hand mixer, mix on low speed until the ingredients combine and then turn the mixer to high speed and whip for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Slowly drizzle in the chocolate mixture, mixing on low speed until the chocolate is fully incorporated with the egg mixture.
- Add in all-purpose flour, dark cocoa powder, and salt. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated with the wet ingredients. Do not overmix. Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure that all the ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in chopped Halloween Oreo cookies until they are well dispersed throughout the brownie batter.
- Pour the brownie batter into your prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Press additional broken Oreo cookies into the top of the brownie batter, if desired.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out with wet crumbs and not batter.
- Cool the brownies in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the brownies from the pan by lifting on the parchment paper and transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine semisweet chocolate chips and heavy cream.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Microwave on 15 second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
Decorate the Brownies
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache over the top of the brownies and decorate with Halloween sprinkles.
Made This Recipe?
Be sure to follow on Pinterest @Cakemehometonight and on Instagram @cake_me_home_tonight
Leave A Reply!