These mini Oreo cheesecakes are an easy, no bake dessert for cookies and cream lovers. Made with an Oreo crust, creamy Oreo cheesecake filling, chocolate ganache and whipped cream, these Oreo cheesecake bites are the perfect little sweet treat!
Ingredients for Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Oreo cookie crumbs – Finely crushed Oreo cookies. Be sure the Oreo crumbs are very fine for the the best results.
- Granulated sugar
- Salted butter – Melted.
- Heavy cream – Heavy cream is used for the cheesecake filling and to make whipped cream.
- Cream cheese – Room temperature.
- Powdered sugar – Confectioners’ sugar or icing for the cheesecake filling and whipped cream.
- Vanilla extract – Vanilla extract adds great vanilla flavor to the cheesecake filling and whipped cream.
- Oreo cookies – Roughly chopped for the cheesecake filling.
- Chocolate chips – Semisweet chocolate chips to make chocolate ganache.
- Mini Oreo cookies – Use mini Oreo cookies or halved Oreo cookies to decorate the cheesecakes.
How to Make Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Make the chocolate cookie crust: Combine the Oreo cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter. Portion and press the crumbs into the mini cheesecake pans to form the crust. Set aside.
- Make the Oreo cheesecake filling: Cream the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the heavy cream and whip until the cheesecake mixture thickens. Fold in the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Fill the cheesecakes: Fill a piping bag with the cheesecake mixture and pipe it onto the Oreo cookie crusts. Chill the cheesecakes in the refrigerator for 12 hours or overnight.
- Make the chocolate ganache: Heat the chocolate chips and heavy cream in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is melted and the ganache is smooth.
- Make the whipped cream: Whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until medium-stiff peaks form.
- Assemble the cheesecakes: Remove the cheesecakes from the pan. Spoon the chocolate ganache over the cheesecakes. Fill a piping bag fitted with a Wilton 1M piping tip with the whipped cream, and pipe a swirl of whipped cream onto each of the cheesecakes. Sprinkle the cheesecakes with Oreo cookie crumbs and add mini Oreo cookies.
- If you do not have a mini cheesecake pan, you can use a cupcake or muffin pan. If you are using a standard cupcake pan, the yield of the recipe will be about 12 to 14 mini cheesecakes. Use cupcake liners for easy removal.
- Use a food processor to make Oreo cookie crumbs. You could seal the cookies in a resealable storage bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion the Oreo cookie crumbs into the mini cheesecake pan. This is equivalent to about 1 tablespoon.
- To remove the cheesecakes from the pan, I recommend inserting a toothpick into the top of the cheesecake as you press up on the mini cheesecake pan’s removable bottom.
- Store the mini cheesecakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Serve chilled.
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Electric hand mixer
- mini cheesecake pans click here to purchase
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp salted butter melted
Oreo Cheesecake Filling
- 16 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped Oreo cookies
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp Oreo cookie crumbs
- 24 mini Oreo cookies
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted salted butter. Portion the crumbs into the mini cheesecake pan using a small cookie scoop (about 1 tablespoon). Firmly press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan to form the crust. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour in the heavy cream and whip the cheesecake mixture on medium-high speed until the mixture thickens and becomes light and fluffy. Fold in the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Fill a piping bag with the Oreo cheesecake mixture and pipe it onto the Oreo cookie crusts, slightly above the top of the pan. Chill the cheesecakes in the refrigerator for 12 hours or overnight. After chilling, remove the cheesecakes from the pan.
- To make the chocolate ganache, combine the semisweet chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the chocolate and cream in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until the chocolate is melted and the ganache is smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the whipped cream, in a bowl with an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until medium-stiff peaks form. Fill a piping bag fitted with a Wilton 1M piping tip with the whipped cream.
- To assemble the cheesecakes, pipe or spoon the slightly cooled chocolate ganache on the top of the cheesecakes. Pipe a small swirl of whipped cream on top of the ganache. Sprinkle the cheesecakes with Oreo cookie crumbs and top each cheesecake with a mini Oreo cookie.